The Phillips Ambassadors program is celebrating 10 years of supporting students’ study abroad experiences in Asia.
To celebrate a decade of scholarship, service and engagement, five $10,000 awards were presented last fall to Phillips Ambassadors alumni to support further engagement with Asia.
Award recipients, their alumni year and country, and new projects include:
- Burcu Bozkurt (2011, Vietnam): “Increasing engagement of International Youth Alliance for Family Planning in Myanamar, Vietnam and the Philippines.”
- Melissa Brzycki (2007, China): “East Asia for All,” development of a podcast series with a focus on East Asian popular culture.
- Patrick Dowd (2009, India): “Development of Tibetan language textbooks for young children.”
- Larry Han (2014, Singapore): “Resolving patient-physician mistrust in China: a crowdsourcing approach through UNC-Project China.”
- Adam Schaffernoth (2007, China): “Cross-cultural training and Japanese homestays for U.S. Marines in Japan.”
Published in the Spring 2017 issue | The Scoop
Arthur Gordon, owner of Irregardless Café, is a pioneer in…
The fluids lab in Chapman Hall is the nexus for…
A five-year, campus-wide learning initiative launched this spring aims to…