Donors share why they gave to the Arts and Sciences Fund during the Campaign for Carolina. It serves as the dean’s unrestricted discretionary fund and plays a crucial role in funding the College’s highest priorities.
- “Carolina was the most wonderful gift my parents Clara and Larry could give to me. I made life-changing friendships and had amazing experiences as a history major in the College of Arts and Sciences and a member of St. Anthony Hall. I hope this gift will help other students enjoy wonderful experiences like the ones I had.” — Denise Jean Dolan ’90
- “UNC-Chapel Hill made available an exceptional education in the arts, sciences and medicine, which has given me a fulfilling career and the ability to provide service to those in need.” — Wells Reynolds ’97, M.D. ’02
- “As a career high-school science teacher, I fully support education. UNC-Chapel Hill was a wonderful start to my adult life.” — Phyllis Robinson ’83
- “I am a proud alumnus and the father of a current Tar Heel. I have loved my University and tried to embody what it taught me in terms of making an impact and leaving the world (or your community) a better place than when you found it. Go Heels!” — Bhavin Mehta ’95 and Class of 2025 Parent
- “I give in gratitude for how well UNC prepared me for my life and career.” — Eddie Bass ’58, M.Mus. ’59, Ph.D. ’64
- “UNC’s College of Arts and Sciences was a great academic and learning environment. The knowledge and techniques I learned there have served me well my entire life. My son went to UNC, graduated in December 2012, and he was likewise very well prepared for life after UNC.” — Colonel Steven Pennington ’77 and Class of 2012 Parent
The Arts and Sciences Fund has provided support for:
- Travel for faculty to attend and present at conferences, where they receive valuable feedback on their research projects and gain emerging knowledge to bring back to their departments.
- Strategic program priorities for the global area studies centers.
- Creation of a postdoctoral program in the department of mathematics.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives that foster unity and belonging for the College community.
Arts and Sciences Fund – Campaign for Carolina
Total Revenue = $19,690,310.80
Total Donors = 12,244 donors
Read more stories about the impact of the campaign:
Published in the Spring 2023 issue | Features
Saxophonist Rahsaan Barber has played with some of the greats….
The center provides personalized academic coaching and resources to help…
Tar Heels from 43 departments and curricula in the College…