(Photo by Donn Young)
From left, Eddie Bass, Denise Dolan and Bhavin Mehta.
Why I Give
Donors share why they gave to the Arts and Sciences Fund during the Campaign for Carolina. It serves as the dean’s unrestricted discretionary fund and plays a crucial role in funding the College’s highest priorities.
- “Carolina was the most wonderful gift my parents Clara and Larry could give to me. I made life-changing friendships and had amazing experiences as a history major in the College of Arts and Sciences and a member of St. Anthony Hall. I hope this gift will help other students enjoy wonderful experiences like the ones I had.” — Denise Jean Dolan ’90
- “UNC-Chapel Hill made available an exceptional education in the arts, sciences and medicine, which has given me a fulfilling career and the ability to provide service to those in need.” — Wells Reynolds ’97, M.D. ’02
- “As a career high-school science teacher, I fully support education. UNC-Chapel Hill was a wonderful start to my adult life.” — Phyllis Robinson ’83
- “I am a proud alumnus and the father of a current Tar Heel. I have loved my University and tried to embody what it taught me in terms of making an impact and leaving the world (or your community) a better place than when you found it. Go Heels!” — Bhavin Mehta ’95 and Class of 2025 Parent
- “I give in gratitude for how well UNC prepared me for my life and career.” — Eddie Bass ’58, M.Mus. ’59, Ph.D. ’64
- “UNC’s College of Arts and Sciences was a great academic and learning environment. The knowledge and techniques I learned there have served me well my entire life. My son went to UNC, graduated in December 2012, and he was likewise very well prepared for life after UNC.” — Colonel Steven Pennington ’77 and Class of 2012 Parent
The Arts and Sciences Fund has provided support for:
- Travel for faculty to attend and present at conferences, where they receive valuable feedback on their research projects and gain emerging knowledge to bring back to their departments.
- Strategic program priorities for the global area studies centers.
- Creation of a postdoctoral program in the department of mathematics.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives that foster unity and belonging for the College community.
Arts and Sciences Fund – Campaign for Carolina
Total Revenue = $19,690,310.80
Total Donors = 12,244 donors
Read more stories about the impact of the campaign: