Phillips Ambassador Gabrielle Beaudry ’18 studied in Thailand at the UNC Institute for the Environment field site in Bangkok. (photo courtesy of Gabrielle Beaudry)
Celebrating 10 years of Phillips Ambassadors
The Phillips Ambassadors program is celebrating 10 years of supporting students’ study abroad experiences in Asia.
To celebrate a decade of scholarship, service and engagement, five $10,000 awards were presented last fall to Phillips Ambassadors alumni to support further engagement with Asia.
Award recipients, their alumni year and country, and new projects include:
- Burcu Bozkurt (2011, Vietnam): “Increasing engagement of International Youth Alliance for Family Planning in Myanamar, Vietnam and the Philippines.”
- Melissa Brzycki (2007, China): “East Asia for All,” development of a podcast series with a focus on East Asian popular culture.
- Patrick Dowd (2009, India): “Development of Tibetan language textbooks for young children.”
- Larry Han (2014, Singapore): “Resolving patient-physician mistrust in China: a crowdsourcing approach through UNC-Project China.”
- Adam Schaffernoth (2007, China): “Cross-cultural training and Japanese homestays for U.S. Marines in Japan.”